Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer 2007 makes it straighforward to integrate business workflow/logic through Workflow Designer. The basic steps of creating a workflow are always the same: First you define the workflow, and then you create the rules by choosing conditions and actions.
Before you create a workflow, consider the following:
1. It is attached to a SharePoint list or library.
2. If necessary, custom columns and settings must be configured before you design the workflow.
Step 1: Opening a SharePoint Site
1. On the File Menu, click Open Site.
2. Select a SharePoint site and click Open. The selected SharePoint site will be opened.
Step 2: Opening a Workflow Designer
1. On the File Menu, select New, then click Workflow. The Workflow Designer will be opened.
Step 3: Defining the Workflow
1. Complete the Define Your New Workflow wizard. Then, click Next.
2. Specify the details of your workflow by defining related Conditions and Actions. Then, click Next.
3. To check your workflow, click Check Workflow. Then, click Finish.