As I have committed in my previous posting, http://elczara.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!554EC06D366AC9D5!214.entry, herewith is an update on WSS 3.0 implementation on Windows Server 2008.
SharePoint bit is no longer available in Windows Server 2008 RC1. We need to install it separately as we did before. However, WSS 3.0 without service pack hasv know compatability issue with Windows Server 2008 RC1, thus we need to install WSS 3.0 "with" SP1 slipstream. It is available at:
Is MOSS 2007 "with" SP1 slipstream already available?
The Service Pack 1 includes the following:
1. Support for Windows Server 2008
2. Support for Internet Information Services (IIS) 7
3. Support for creating Web Parts by using AJAX
4. New operations and properties for the Stsadm command line tool
5. Includes over 60 hotfixes across all areas of SharePoint Products and Technologies