I had a chance to talk with a technical writer of Microsoft on SharePoint 2013 workflow, and foremost a good friend of mine, that inspired me to share this piece: the workflow actions in SharePoint workflow platform that I love most.
I have started by creating a SharePoint 2013 Workflow in SharePoint Designer 2013. To configure SharePoint 2013 workflow, please visit my previous post on Workflow Configuration in SharePoint 2013.
And these are the new features that I love most:
For reference, please visit http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj164026.aspx .
Below are the steps I have followed to configure SharePoint 2013 workflow:
1. Understand workflows in SharePoint 2013: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj219638.aspx .
2. Initially, the Workflow Service in SharePoint 2013 is not connected for it requires a compatible workflow service such as Workflow Manager, and the SharePoint Designer 2013 has only SharePoint 2010 Workflow platform option.
3. Download and install Workflow Manager 1.0. The download link and other information are available at http://www.microsoft.com/en-my/download/details.aspx?id=35375 .
4. Download and install Workflow Client in SharePoint server. The download link and other information are available at http://www.microsoft.com/en-my/download/details.aspx?id=35375
5. Configure workflow in SharePoint server. Please refer to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj658588(v=office.15) for the guide.
6. At this point, the Workflow Service will already be connected, and SharePoint 2013 Workflow platform option in SharePoint Designer 2013 will already be available.